Come and visit our beautiful Bell Tent Village right on the shores of Lake Windermere.
Perfect for families and friends wanting to get back to nature and escape the city buzz!
Open July – September 2021
Please select your start date above to check availability and prices!
The Graythwaite Estate are delighted to be hosting our very own Bell Tent Village on the western shore of Lake Windermere this Summer. With views spanning across the Windermere waters, hills and beyond, our Bell Tent village is situated at Cunsey Farm, nestled in the heart of the Lake District. During your stay in our beautiful British countryside, the Graythwaite Estate is yours to enjoy and discover as an adventure playground; it is a retreat for quiet walks and is the ultimate location to make memories with your friends and family after a long year of waiting for that perfect staycation experience.
New for 2021, our pop-up glamping site offers a unique opportunity for you to take the hassle out of a camping holiday by hiring a pre-erected 5m bell tent in a World Heritage Site and enjoy the buzz of the village with a BBQ in the sunset. Our ethos is that we want our guests to get ‘back to nature but with a few home comforts’, so there are hot showers in our pop-up shower block and toilet facility with Lakes Loos. Our ‘campsite hub’ or communal tent is where you can hang out, play table football, listen to music and book an exciting range of adventurous activities on the Estate. There are also plugs for you to charge electronic devices or even blow up your mattress!
There is so much to enjoy and do on the Estate that you hardly have to venture further afield. But if you do, the surrounding area offers some great pubs, restaurants, museums, activities and attractions and our team are always on hand to help; whether you’re looking for a lakeside café or a Michelin starred restaurant there’s something for everyone. Check out our latest blog here for local pub, restaurant and café recommendations, incluing Dude’s Dough who frequents the Bell Tent Village!
• 40 well-spaced pre-erected 5m bell tents with fitted carpets and waterproof groundsheets
• Access to the world famous Lake Windermere just a short stroll down the field
• Hot shower blocks (pop-up hot shower structure cleaned daily)
• Toilets (temporary portaloo structure by Lakes Loos)
• Hardcore and Grass parking area
• Rustic Wheelbarrows to take your equipment from your car to your tent
• Reception sheltered area with Horsebox café & shop serving essentials, hot beverages and snacks
• Covered communal area with benches and tables and phone / laptop charging points, as well as table tennis and fusball
• On-site activity company Graythwaite Adventure providing watersports, 4×4 off-road driving, clay pigeon shooting, archery, axe throwing and bushcraft
• Festoon site lighting
• Volleyball court in the field
• Pizza van on the Estate at least once a week – the much-loved Dude’s Dough
• 5 minute drive to the nearest pub – see our best recommendations on our latest blog
• 10 minute drive to the village of Hawkshead
• 20 minute drive to Ambleside
• Lakeside footpath and walks from the site
What you should bring
• Inflatable mattresses and bedding/ sleeping bags
• Cooking equipment – get in touch to pre-book a Firepit! (Limited Availability)
• Food and drink – you are welcome to use our communal fridge / freezer facility at your own risk
• Towel/ swimwear – we are in the lakes, after all – you will not be short of activities on the water!
• Hand Sanitiser
• Bottles for water
• Suncream (believe it or not!)
• Your camera to make special memories with friends and family
• A sense of adventure!
• No stag or hen groups, or other large groups
• No amplified music
• All rubbish to be placed in the bins provided
• No noise after 11pm
• No naked flames inside the bell tents
• No barbecues directly on the ground
• At least one of the party must be over 18
• Dogs must be kept under control at all times and not to be allowed to roam near tents/communal areas