Tranquil glamping next to Lake Windermere. Perfect for families and friends wanting to get back to nature.
Open July 2021
Please select your start date above to check availability and prices!
The Graythwaite Estate are delighted to be hosting a bell tent village on the western shore of Lake Windermere during summer 2021. With enviable and unobstructed lake views, Cunsey Farm is nestled in the heart of the Lake District and the Graythwaite Estate is yours to enjoy and discover as an adventure playground, a retreat for quiet walks and the ultimate location to make memories with your friends and family. New for 2021 our pop-up site offers a unique opportunity for you to take the hassle out of a camping holiday by hiring a pre-erected 5m bell tent in a World Heritage Site. Our ethos is back to nature but with a few home comforts so we’re providing hot showers and our ‘campsite hub’ where you can hang out, play table football, listen to music and book an exciting range of adventurous activities on the Estate.
There is so much to enjoy and do on the Estate that you hardly have to venture further afield but if you do, the surrounding area offers some great pubs, restaurants, museums, activities and attractions and our team are always on hand to help; whether you’re looking for a lakeside café or a Michelin starred restaurant there’s something for everyone.
• 40 well-spaced pre-erected 5m bell tents with fitted carpets and waterproof groundsheets
• Access to Lake Windermere
• Hot showers
• Hardcore parking area
• Trollies to take your equipment from your car to your tent
• Covered communal area with benches and tables and phone / laptop charging points and table football
• Communal stretch tent and picnic benches
• On-site activity company www.graythwaiteadventure.co.uk providing watersports, 4×4 off-road driving, clay pigeon shooting, archery, axe throwing and bushcraft
• Festoon site lighting
• Volleyball court
• On-site shop for essentials
• Pizza van on the Estate at least once a week
• 5 minute drive to the nearest pub
• 10 minute drive to the village of Hawkshead
• 20 minute drive to Ambleside
• Lakeside footpath and walks from the site
What you should bring
• Inflatable mattresses and bedding
• Cooking equipment
• Food and drink
• Your camera
• A sense of adventure!
• No stag or hen groups, or other large groups
• No amplified music
• All rubbish to be placed in the bins provided
• No noise after 11pm
• No naked flames inside the bell tents
• No barbecues directly on the ground
• At least one of the party must be over 18
• Dogs must be kept under control at all times and not to be allowed to roam near tents/communal areas