We know that with planning a wedding comes many queries. This page is designed to help answer some of those queries regarding a Graythwaite Estate Wedding. Should anything be missing please do not hesitate to get in touch!
- What availability do you have? To find out availability for Silverholme Manor you can look at the calendar here or send us an email. For Grubbins Point availability please email.
- How far in advance can we book? Our calendars are currently open until 2024.
- What is the maximum capacity for a wedding reception at the Graythwaite Estate ? Maximum capacity varies between our location and packages. The Intimate package has a maximum capacity of 18. The Small package has a maximum capacity of 50. The Full Monty and Grubbins Point packages have a maximum capacity of 200.
- What is the maximum capacity for a wedding ceremony at the Graythwaite Estate ? This varies depending on the style of wedding ceremony. Humanist ceremonies have the same maximum capacities as above. Civil ceremonies within the Manor have a maximum capacity of 25. Coach House and Lawn (weather allowing) ceremonies there is a Maximum capacity of 100.
- What accommodation is available for guests? For weddings at Silverholme Manor, up to 18 guests, 2 children and 2 infants can sleep within the Manor itself. For all weddings, the Graythwaite Estate Cottages can sleep up to 160 across a 3 mile radius. The cottages sleep between 2 – 12 guests and can be viewed here. For weddings at Grubbins Point we are introducing a Glamping option from 2021. Email us for more information!
- What is included within the prices in the brochures? Our brochures list the prices for three day venue hire, of either Silverholme Manor or Grubbins Point. The price also includes our Zone Array PA system. All events with a marquee or tipi, are required to use this system by the local council. Catering and Marquee or Tipi Hire are not included. One of our approved suppliers must be used for these services.
- Do we need to hire a marquee or tipi? Weddings at Grubbins Point and weddings with over 50 guests at Silverholme require a Marquee or Tipi.
- Do you charge corkage? No, we do not charge corkage at Silverholme Manor or Grubbins Point. If you are looking for a bar service we have a horse box bar available for hire.
- Do we need to pay a deposit for a Graythwaite Wedding? Yes, to secure your wedding booking we require a 30% deposit. The final balance is due 12 weeks prior to arrival.
- Is there a security deposit? Yes, we will need to take a security deposit the week prior to arrival.
- When can we check in? Standard check in is from 3pm on the day of arrival.
- Can I send things to the venue in time for my arrival? Where possible we will do our best to receive any deliveries in advance of your arrival.
- When will my marquee or tipi go up? We work with our approved suppliers to ensure your structure is ready for 5pm on the day of arrival.
- Will someone from the Graythwaite Estate be there to help? We will check you in, organise the registrars (civil ceremonies only) and be on call throughout your stay. We keep out of the way but are never more than a phone call away.
- Are there time restrictions with the band/reception? For wedding parties of more than 50, live bands can perform until 10.30pm. Please note bands cannot use standard drum kits. We can organise electric hire. After 10.30pm a DJ or phone can be used for music until 12am when the marquee or tipi must close. From 12am onwards guests can continue the party in the Coach House using the Sonos system. All doors and windows must be comply with local noise control measures.
- Will we have access to our marquee or tipi for all three days? Yes, your structure will be in place for your arrival and will not be taken down until the morning of departure.
- What time will we need to check out? We know one likes to go anywhere on a hangover. That’s why we have a three day package and a 10am checkout on the day of departure; plenty of time for those all important lie-ins.