Beautiful Camping Field on the shores of Windermere
The Graythwaite Estate are delighted to be hosting our very own camping field on the western shore of Lake Windermere this Summer. With views spanning across the Windermere waters, hills and beyond, our camping is situated at Cunsey Farm, nestled in the heart of the Lake District. During your stay in our beautiful British countryside, the Graythwaite Estate is yours to enjoy and discover as an adventure playground; it is a retreat for quiet walks and is the ultimate location to make memories with your friends and family after a long year of waiting for that perfect staycation experience.
Our pop-up camping site offers a unique opportunity for you to stay in a World Heritage Site and enjoy the relaxing atmosphere with a BBQ in the sunset. Our ethos is that we want our guests to get ‘back to nature but with a few home comforts’, so there are hot showers in our shower and toilet blocks. Our ‘campsite hub’ or covered barn is where you can hang out, listen to music and book an exciting range of adventurous activities on the Estate. There are also plugs for you to charge electronic devices.
There is so much to enjoy and do on the Estate that you hardly have to venture further afield. But if you do, the surrounding area offers some great pubs, restaurants, museums, activities and attractions and our team are always on hand to help; whether you’re looking for a lakeside café or a Michelin starred restaurant there’s something for everyone.
Book this cottage
A discount is available for bookings of 7 days or more
• Access to the world famous Lake Windermere just a short stroll down the field
• Hot shower and toilet blocks
• Grass pitches (Parking allocated in a car park not next to the pitch – Wheelbarrows provided to transport your kit!)
• Horsebox café serving hot beverages and snacks (Opening Times Vary)
• Covered communal area with phone / laptop charging points.
• On-site activity company Graythwaite Adventure providing watersports, 4×4 off-road driving, clay pigeon shooting, archery, axe throwing and bushcraft (Booking Essential)
• Festoon site lighting
• 10 minute drive to the village of Hawkshead
• 20 minute drive to Ambleside
• Lakeside footpath and walks from the site
What to Bring
Food and drink
Towel/ swimwear – we are in the lakes, after all – you will not be short of activities on the water!
Bottles for water
Suncream (believe it or not!)
Your camera to make special memories with friends and family
A sense of adventure!
Dogs are welcome but must be kept under control and not allowed to roam near communal areas
No Stag or Hen groups
No amplified music
No loud noise after 11pm
At least one member of the party must be over 18
No parties or events
Free parking on premises – No Pitch side parking.
Cunsey Farm on the shores of Windermere is the perfect spot for relaxing, enjoying the water, or as a base for exploring the Lake District