Home Farm's show-stopper: renovated in Summer '21, this traditional-barnyard hybrid is an absolute treasure with flair
Dating back as far as 1900, Home Farmhouse has seen many walks of life spanning across the last century; from heifers to hounds, this property really has been a home to all. Today, the Farmhouse offers a modern twist on a classic Estate Farmhouse – a true retreat for visitors to the Lake District.
The converted farmhouse is the epitome of Estate modern elegance. All three bedrooms inside the main building now enjoy their own private en-suite, as does the annex (accessed via the courtyard – Seperate to the main house), whilst the ground floor boasts an open plan kitchen-diner and living room. French doors from the dining room out to the paddock, flooding the ground floor with light. A log burning stove in the lounge is the perfect spot to warm up after a wild summer swim or winter mountain hike.
Upstairs, there are two twin bedrooms and one king. Each with views across the surrounding courtyard and local forest, fully immerse into the majesty of nature during your stay in Home Farmhouse with uninterrupted beauty both natural and crafted in this stunning renovation.
The Annex provides a little private space overlooking the tranquil beauty of the surrounding paddock and natural delights. Although not mighty in size, it very much is mighty in character with period wallpaper and unique feel in a nod to the heritage of the property.
The kitchen which boasts two extra-large fridges and all you need to whip up a feast overlooks the outdoor patio with BBQ, firepit and al fresco dining area which opens through a prairie gate into the surrounding garden and field. Your own little slice of heaven, Home farmhouse gives you the best of both worlds. Not only that, but you are right by the home farm shop, so a trip to pick up some milk in the morning is no heavy task.
The Graythwaite Home Farm Courtyard truly is the beating heart of the Estate – accessed via the iconic and enchanting trail bordered with cheery blossom trees, you are truly entering a very special place. Here, you will be less than a mile from the shores of Lake Windermere where you can enjoy the peace and serenity of the lake without the hustle and bustle, or even book in an action-packed activity with the star-studded Graythwaite Adventure. The Courtyard is within easy reach of our fabulous facilities, such as the communal heated swimming pool which can be booked in advance of your stay and the home farm shop offering locally produced products. You are also able to pre-order groceries and treats from the shop to be ready in your property for you when you arrive!
You are also welcome to make use of the communal games room, the communal dining and BBQ facilities dotted across the courtyard and children’s play area, found through the historic and rustic stone walls of the Courtyard leading out through the forest and natural surroundings beyond.
Book this cottage
A discount is available for bookings of 7 days or more
- 3 x bedrooms in main house, 1 x double ensuite in annex
- 1 x twin ensuite on first ‘mezzanine’ floor, 2 x bedrooms (1 twin and 1 superking) on second floor in main house
- Master ensuite fitted with bath overlooking surrounding countryside beauty
- Laundry – washer and dryer
- Fully-equipped kitchen with dishwasher, 2 x large Fridges and freezers, induction hobs and oven, microwave, cafetiere and toaster/kettle set.
- Large L-shaped sofa spanning from kitchen area through to the dining room
- Wood burning stove in large living room looking out over the courtyard (Logs not provided)
- High chair & Travel cot (linen not provided)
- Basic cleaning items provided (fairy liquid, dishwasher tablets, sponge, kitchen roll, bin liners, handwash)
- Smart TV in both kitchen / dining area and living area
- Free Wifi
- Private patio area with BBQ and firepit overlooking the front garden
- Walking trails from the cottage
- On-site activity company Graythwaite Adventure providing watersports, 4×4 off-road driving, clay pigeon shooting, archery, axe throwing and bushcraft
- Shared Swimming Pool Access (bookable)
Up to 2 well behaved dogs welcome
No parties or events
Free parking on premises
Limited mobility access (annex)
Bed linen and towels provided
On the Home Farm Courtyard giving access to the Shared Swimming Pool (bookable), Games Room, Shop and Children’s Playground.
Just a 2 minute drive to Grubbin’s Point and Windermere shores, you will have easy access to adventure and activities from your countryside home-from-home. The Courtyard is just a 10 minute drive from the historic, sweet village of Hawkshead, home to many adored restaurants and pubs.
Enjoy an ideal holiday destination
The Graythwaite EstateHolidays at Graythwaite