This property is our one true ‘home from home’, creating an instant atmosphere of true peace and tranquillity with the shores of the lake right at your doorstep (literally).
The front door of this gorgeous countryside house opens right out to its own private jetty extending out onto the lake – perfect for those avid paddleboarders, Lilo sunbathers or even just a little refreshing dip to cool off in the sunshine. The lake-facing outdoor area features a BBQ with an outdoor dining setup and private garden for the whole family to enjoy after a long day out in the hills.
With so much space while offering a comfortable home for everyone to chill and be together, Hammerhole is a true favourite for our returning guests and newcomers alike. A ground floor bedroom with en-suite bathroom gives access to those with limited mobility. From the cottage, it’s just a 20-minute walk to the Estate’s central courtyard.
Book this cottage
A discount is available for bookings of 7 days or more
- 3 double en-Suite rooms with king-sized beds
- 2 twin rooms
- 1 family bathroom on ground floor (with shower)
- 1 family bathroom on first floor (with bath)
- Fully equipped Kitchen with 2 x microwaves, 2 x ovens and a large fridge and freezer
- Washing machine and dryer in outhouse
- Private patio overlooking the stunning shores of Windermere and beyond with BBQ and firepit
- Private Jetty (you can launch and moor your boat here, enquire for further details)
- High chair & Travel cot (no linen provided)
- Basic cleaning items provided (fairy liquid, dishwasher tablets, sponge, kitchen roll, bin liners, handwash)
- Free Wifi
- Smart TV
- Walking trails from the cottage
- On-site activity company Graythwaite Adventure providing watersports, 4×4 off-road driving, clay pigeon shooting, archery, axe throwing and bushcraft
- Swimming Pool Access (bookable)
Up to 2 well behaved dogs welcome
No parties or events
Free parking on premises
Limited mobility access
Bed linen and towels provided
Part of The Graythwaite Estate, guests will be able to enjoy a host of facilities at the Estate which includes a heated swimming pool (bookable), the home farm shop which stocks locally sourced produce, and a host of walks and trails just around the corner with stunning tabletop views of the valleys and local waterways. Just a 5 minute drive to Grubbin’s Point and with the Windermere shores right on your very doorstep, you will have easy access to adventure and activities from your countryside home-from-home. The property is just a 10 minute drive from the historic, sweet village of Hawkshead, home to many adored restaurants and pubs.
Enjoy an ideal holiday destination
The Graythwaite EstateHolidays at Graythwaite