Cunsey Lodge is the home you have always wanted – it offers class, privacy and a true sense of homeliness, which is why our guests return here year after year.
Walking distance from both forest exploring and a dip in the lake, not to mention your very own log-burning hot tub on your raised private garden – make sure to book early as to not miss out on the lakeview stay of your dreams.
The hamlet of Cunsey is a very special place on the Western side of Windermere. The Lodge is perched on its own little hill opposite our very own Cunsey Farm. Just 10 mins drive from the quaint and historic village of Hawkshead and 25 mins from the buzzing Ambleside, you can indeed have the best of both worlds with a stay at Cunsey.
Upon entering the property, you are instantly welcomed with a spacious open-plan kitchen-dining area so there is plenty of space for all the family to relax and play. The living space overlooks the front views of the property with a log burning stove and TV for quiet nights in getting cosy.
Upstairs, each bedroom has its very own en-suite, so no fighting over the shower when you’re back from a long hot day in the hills or a session on the Lake with Graythwaite Adventure.
Get in touch for more information and we will be more than happy to offer you a stay in one of our absolute favourites.
Book this cottage
A discount is available for bookings of 7 days or more
- 2 double rooms with king-sized beds and en-suites
- 2 twin rooms with en-suite
- Fully-equipped kitchen with large fridge and freezer
- Underfloor heating
- Private access
- Laundry facilities – washer and dryer
- High chair & Travel cot (linen not provided)
- BBQ and outfoor dining area overlooking private garden and distant fells
- Basic cleaning items provided (fairy liquid, dishwasher tablets, sponge, kitchen roll, bin liners, handwash)
- Wood Burning Stove (An initial supply of logs provided)
- Free wifi
- Walking trails from the cottage
- On-site activity company Graythwaite Adventure providing watersports, 4×4 off-road driving, clay pigeon shooting, archery, axe throwing and bushcraft
- Shared Swimming Pool Access (bookable)
Up to 2 well behaved dogs welcome
No parties or events
Free private parking on premises
Bed linen and towels provided
Part of The Graythwaite Estate, guests will be able to enjoy a host of facilities at the Estate which includes a shared heated swimming pool (bookable), the home farm shop which stocks locally sourced produce, and a host of walks and trails just around the corner with stunning tabletop views of the valleys and local waterways. Just a 5 minute drive to Grubbin’s Point and Windermere shores, you will have easy access to adventure and activities from your countryside home-from-home. The property is just a 10 minute drive from the historic, sweet village of Hawkshead, home to many adored restaurants and pubs.
Enjoy and ideal holiday destination
The Graythwaite EstateHolidays at Graythwaite