Dove Cottage is the perfect epitome of a traditional British countryside cottage bringing an element of comfort and homeliness to your stay.
A haven of tranquillity for any party, a stay in Dove Cottage is truly serene. Your own private patio where your hot tub sits offers postcard panoramas over the Cumbrian fells and historic Graythwaite Hall. You may just spot a lamb or two in the Summertime.
The living room with its own log burning stove overlooks the park and Hall, with uninterrupted peace and silence on its own little track up the hill beyond the central estate. Dove is a much sought-out property for its beauty and is named for the famous Wordsworth house in our nearby village of Grasmere – a must-see during your stay and just a short journey across the Lakes.
The Cottage is just a short stroll away from the shared Graythwaite facilities, which includes the Home Farm shop and the shared swimming pool which you can book into during your stay. Be enchanted by the magic of Lake Windermere which is only a 5-minute drive away, as well as the famed Estate walk up to ‘The View’ just through the forest behind the property. You will not be disappointed.
Book this cottage
A discount is available for bookings of 7 days or more
- 1 Double Room
- 1 Twin Room
- Family bathroom
- Fully-equipped kitchen with dining table
- Living room overlooking the hills and forests
- High chair & Travel cot (linen not provided)
- Patio with garden furniture overlooking the Estate Park
- Basic cleaning items provided (fairy liquid, dishwasher tablets, sponge, kitchen roll, bin liners, handwash)
- Wood Burning Stove (An initial supply of logs provided)
- Free wifi
- Hot Tub
- Walking trails from the cottage
- On-site activity company Graythwaite Adventure providing watersports, 4×4 off-road driving, clay pigeon shooting, archery, axe throwing and bushcraft
- Shared Swimming Pool Access (bookable)
Up to 2 well behaved dogs welcome
No parties or events
Free parking on premises
Bed linen and towels provided
Shared Swimming Pool Access (bookable)
Part of The Graythwaite Estate, guests will be able to enjoy a host of facilities at the Estate which includes a shared heated swimming pool (bookable), the home farm shop which stocks locally sourced produce, and a host of walks and trails just around the corner with stunning tabletop views of the valleys and local waterways. Just a 2 minute drive to Grubbin’s Point and Windermere shores, you will have easy access to adventure and activities from your countryside home-from-home. The property is just a 10 minutes walk from the Home Farm Courtyard, and a 10 minute drive from the historic, sweet village of Hawkshead, home to many adored restaurants and pubs.
Enjoy an ideal holiday destination
The Graythwaite EstateHolidays at Graythwaite