Perched at the Northern end of the grounds of Graythwaite Hall, Field Head House is the perfect location for families wanting to access the Lake District or just take in the beautiful countryside views.
Entering from the rear of the property you will find a bright functional kitchen which leads into the traditional dining room. You can then explore the many living and bedroom spaces in this lovely spacious property. Dining in the large garden is a must with stunning views across the fields and down to Graythwaite Hall.
From this house you can walk on the gravel track upto the Home Farm courtyard, where you’ll find our swimming pool, games room, kids play area and shop. Or walk towards the Hall and then through the south gate for a leisurely stroll down to Lake Windermere.
Just a few minutes’ drive up the road is the fantastic Cuckoo Brow Inn which is one of our recommended spots to grab a bite, morning noon or night. A little further than this is the magical village of Hawkshead with an abundance of little cafés, restaurants, pubs and shops selling locally produced goods.
Field Head House is definitely one of our favorite spots on the Estate and we know you’ll love it as much as we do. Book now to ensure you don’t miss out!
Book this cottage
A discount is available for bookings of 7 days or more
- Sleeps 6 across 4 bedrooms
- Family Bathroom
- Living room and TV room
- Fully-equipped kitchen and separate utility including washing machine and dryer
- Separate large dining room
- Woodburner (An initial supply of logs if provided)
- High chair & Travel cot (linen not provided)
- Garden and patio with BBQ and al fresco dining and tables
- Basic cleaning items provided (fairy liquid, dishwasher tablets, sponge, kitchen roll, bin liners, handwash)
- Smart TV
- Free Wifi
- Walking trails from the cottage
- On-site activity company Graythwaite Adventure providing watersports, 4×4 off-road driving, clay pigeon shooting, archery, axe throwing and bushcraft
- Shared Swimming Pool Access (bookable)
Up to 2 well behaved dogs welcome
No parties or events
Bed linen and towels provided
Part of The Graythwaite Estate, guests will be able to enjoy a host of facilities at the Estate which includes a heated swimming pool (bookable), the home farm shop which stocks locally sourced produce, and a host of walks and trails just around the corner with stunning tabletop views of the valleys and local waterways. Just a 5 minute drive / 20 minute walk to Grubbin’s Point and the Windermere shores, you will have easy access to adventure and activities from your countryside home-from-home. The property is just a 15 minute drive from the historic, sweet village of Hawkshead, home to many adored restaurants and pubs.
ENJOY AN IDEAL HOLIDAY DESTINATION
The Graythwaite EstateHolidays at Graythwaite