Find this beautifully tranquil, picturesque cottage along a hidden drive that winds alongside a babbling brook through the trees. It has outstanding views and local pathways that stretch down right to the Lake.
You will enter Mill Cottage into the homey sitting room with its own gas fire and smart TV. The kitchen and dining room has all you would need to whip us a dish for the whole family, after which you can enjoy an evening watching the sun go down in the garden with the BBQ on and a crisp pint in hand. You are also just a couple minutes’ walk to the shores of Lake Windermere.
Just a few minutes’ drive up the road is the fantastic Cuckoo Brow Inn which is one of our recommended spots to grab a bite, morning noon or night. A little further than this is the magical village of Hawkshead with an abundance of little cafés, restaurants, pubs and shops selling locally produced goods.
Mill Cottage is a top-rated property and sought-after by our returning guests, so do be in touch if you have any questions or wish to enquire about a booking. We are more than happy to help.
Book this cottage
A discount is available for bookings of 7 days or more
- 1 king-size double room
- 1 twin room
- Bathroom with underfloor heating
- Living room with garden views
- Fully-equipped kitchen-diner including washing machine and dryer
- Living-flame gas fire
- High chair & Travel cot (linen not provided)
- Garden and patio with BBQ and al fresco dining and tables
- Lake Access
- Laundry (washer and dryer)
- Basic cleaning items provided (fairy liquid, dishwasher tablets, sponge, kitchen roll, bin liners, handwash)
- Smart TV
- Free Wifi
- Walking trails from the cottage
- On-site activity company Graythwaite Adventure providing watersports, 4×4 off-road driving, clay pigeon shooting, archery, axe throwing and bushcraft
- Swimming Pool Access (bookable)
Up to 2 well behaved dogs welcome
No parties or events
Bed linen and towels provided
Part of The Graythwaite Estate, guests will be able to enjoy a host of facilities at the Estate which includes a heated swimming pool (bookable), the home farm shop which stocks locally sourced produce, and a host of walks and trails just around the corner with stunning tabletop views of the valleys and local waterways. Just a 5 minute drive to Grubbin’s Point and a minutes’ walk from Windermere shores, you will have easy access to adventure and activities from your countryside home-from-home. The property is just a 15 minute drive from the historic, sweet village of Hawkshead, home to many adored restaurants and pubs.
Enjoy an ideal holiday destination
The Graythwaite EstateHolidays at Graythwaite